Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Urdu Poem Translated by ABID AHMED

Curfew, I and he
Sheikh Khalid Karrar
Translated from the original Urdu by Abid Ahmad
Through the lattice
As far as I can see
It’s an eerie silence
With yellow patch on road
Beating its head.
Foot path all around
Littered with churned shadows
Till far
A bat hanging from an electric pole
Yellow face of the morning
Night’s tail of agony
An animal
And a soldier....
An uncanny silence.
Experiences-
As old as thousands of years-
Arm-folded
As if satisfied with the silent city.
The desktop of my computer
Displays yesterday’s picture.
The commotion rises again
In the street
Crowds flow
Shadows float
Rest….
Its all silence.
But…
I wish
I could bore through the silence
Go to the soldier on the street
And ask him
“come!
You too check out yesterday’s picture on my desktop.
I will zoom in on the BLOOD!!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment